Friday, November 23, 2012

Chocolate Pecan Pie


Rich, gooey, and decadent, this twist on a Thanksgiving classic was definitely a hit with my family.






I was a bit nervous before making this recipe because to be completely honest, I have never made a pie by myself before. I know, I know. It's pathetic. Here I am with my mostly baking blog and yet, I have never made a pie.

Despite my concerns, this pie was a real hit with my family. Everyone in the room told me it was delicious and I had to give out a few links for the recipe.




For me, presentation is one of my top priorities in baking. I mean, if it doesn't look delicious, no one will ever believe that it is!





I topped this pie with a dollop of whipped cream (homemade, never store bought!), some chopped pecans, and chocolate curls.




This is the best pecan pie I have ever eaten, and the chocolate puts it over the top! Between the rich chocolate, gooey filling, and crunchy pecans, you can't go wrong!

Another great part about making this pie was that I made it with my two twin cousins, Emma and Bella.
We had a great time making this pie together and even more fun receiving compliments.





Makes 10 servings.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15-ounce package)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons milk
4 eggs
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup dark corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups pecan halves
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 9-inch deep dish pie plate with pie crust. Bake 7 minutes. Remove crust from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
2. Meanwhile, microwave chocolate chips and milk in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Pour chocolate evenly over crust.

3. Beat eggs in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Slowly pour mixture over chocolate layer. Place ring of foil around edges of crust to prevent over-browning. 

4. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until filling is puffed and center is still soft enough to move when shaken gently. Cool on completely wire rack.





1 comment:

  1. Look delicious! I hope you'll be making something for christmas dessert! Can't wait to see you soon :)

    - Lindsay

    ReplyDelete